ARES Emergency Net Log application
The ARES Emergency Net Log application is specifically designed for use by ARES Net Control Stations.
The ARES Emergency Net Log application has the following features:
- 175 Log Entries per log
- Multiple sequential logs may be created for a single emergency event.
- Runs on almost any resolution screen
- Resizable. Remembers last screen position and size
- Data filenames (i.e. .dat filenames) automatically have a date – time stamp appended to the given filename
- The data file is automatically saved once each second. This helps prevent data loss in case of a system shutdown.
- The data file is a formatted text file that may be transmitted from one station to another by using any text file transmission method, including fldigi.
One Net Control Station can transmit the log data file to a second Net Control Station. The second Net Control Station can then open the data file in ARES Emergency Net Log and continue logging where the first Net Control Station left off.
- One click on the button
<Go To Next Open Log Entry>will place the cursor in the Call Sign field of the next available log entry line
- The log may be saved as an Adobe pdf file. Printing the log may be done from the Adobe Reader
- The application attempts to automatically fix errors for time and date entries
- Automatically generates log entries for the Net Control Station, Alternate Net Control Station and Liaison Station as they are entered into the Log Header
- Automatically generates and logs the contact time when a call sign is entered into the log
- Automatically generates statistics for Number of Stations, Duration, and Number of Traffic Messages
- Each station is only counted once for the Number of Stations statistic no matter how many times it appears in the log
- When a logged call sign is deleted the logged time, report and traffic are automatically deleted with it.
- A call sign may be edited without changing other elements of the logged contact
- Logging Traffic during a contact has been made very simple